"I have a physical DVD and need to change it to a WMV so I can put it in my Acrhos 605 and Xbox 360? I would much prefer to rip to WMV using my mac. Any suggestions?"
Well, with Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and this tutorial, it's super easy to convert DVD to WMV so you can playback them with Xbox 360, Zune, Archos, Creative Zen etc.
Why rip DVD movies to WMV video
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Rip/convert CSS protected DVDs to WMV videos for enjoy with many portable devices like Xbox 360, Zune, Archos, Pocket PC and Creative Zen etc.
- Backup your DVD movies on Mac! Playback your DVD movies on Mac with Windows Media Player and other types of players such as Winamp, DivX and VLC player.
- Editing your DVD movies! The WMV videos ripped from DVDs can be used for video editing in Windows Movie Maker.
With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - a handy Mac DVD to WMV converter - you can convert DVD to WMV with just one click. You don't need to know about video formats or settings - just run the program, open DVD, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step guides for ripping DVD to WMV on Mac
Step 1. Download and install Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Free download Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac now and following its wizard to install it to your Mac.
Step 2. Import DVD files for converting to WMV video on Mac
Insert DVD disc, run Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, click the big icon "Load" to load in DVD movies. It also support import DVD Folder.
Step 3. Set WMV video formats as output video format
In the output directory section, click the "Convert to" column and navigate the mouse over "General Video" to select "WMV-Windows Media Video (*.wmv)" from the output format drop-down list.
Step 4. Customize video and audio output settings
Click the folder icon to specify where the program should place your converted video and click the gear-like icon to customize the output video and audio parameters like Codec, Bit rate, Frame rate, Resolution, Channel, Sample rate etc.
Step 5. Edit DVD movies before converting DVD to WMV video on Mac
Select the DVD movie or chapter you'd like to edit and click the "Edit" icon to edit your DVD movies with Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac by crop, trim, add watermark and special effects.
Crop black edges for full screen view.
Trim to set the start time and duration for only convert the desired parts.
Apply special effects to personalize DVD movies.
Add text or image watermark on DVD movies.
Step 6. Start DVD to WMV video conversion on Mac
Hit the big button "Start" to start ripping DVD to WMV video on Mac. When the DVD to WMV conversion is completed, a pop-up window will remind you if you'd like to open the converted WMV video recently. It's best to choose "OK" and preview to make sure if it is the effect as you expected.
Try all the features of Enolsoft Mac DVD Ripper
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos) on Mac.
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats on Mac.
- Rip DVDs for watching on many portable devices on Mac e.g. iPad, iPhone 4, iPod, Apple TV, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Edit DVD movies: Crop, trim, add watermarks and special effects.