"My friend wants me to create a highlight film for him in football, and stored all the games on DVDs. I'd like to rip them to MOV formats for edit in Final Cut Express or iMovie. So, anyone knows how to rip a DVD to MOV on mac?"
Well, with DVD ripping software and this step-by-step guide, it's super easy to convert DVD to MOV formats so you can edit your home-made DVDs in iMovie and many video editing programs.
☞ Why rip DVD movies to MOV video
- Editing your videos! The MOV videos ripped from DVDs can be used for video editing in iMovie, Final Cut and other editing program for your movie project.
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Why carry around bulky DVD cases or disc wallets when you can watch DVD movies with iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch?
- Backup your DVD movies on Mac! Movie files around on your Mac is a lot easier than alphabetizing shelves full of DVDs.
With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - a handy Mac DVD to MOV converter - you can convert DVD to MOV formats with only a few clicks. You don't need to know about video formats or settings - just run the program, open DVD, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step guides for ripping DVD to MOV on Mac
Step 1. Download and install Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
First of all, download Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and install it to your Mac. It provides a free trial for all the users. Insert DVD disc into DVD drive, run Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, click the big icon "Load" to load in DVD files.
Step 2. Set MOV video formats as output video format
In the output directory section, click the "Convert to" column and sliding the mouse over "General Video" to select "MOV-QuickTime Video (*.mov)" from the format drop-down list. Under each video format, there's a simple introduction of this video formats, which helps you to know more about this format.
Step 3. Edit DVD movies before converting DVDs to MOV videos on Mac
Select the DVD movie you'd like to edit and click the "Edit" icon to edit your DVD movies by crop, trim, add watermark and special effects.
Step 4. Start ripping and converting DVDs to MOV videos on Mac
Click the big button "Start" to start DVD to MOV video conversion on Mac. Before hit "start", you can also: set video and audio quality, select subtitles and audio tracks, specify output path for converted videos etc. But please notice that, the free trial version only converts parts of your DVDs, and if you need to convert an entire DVD movie and additional value-added services, you need to get a registration code.
Try all the features of Enolsoft Mac DVD Ripper
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos) on Mac.
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats on Mac.
- Rip DVDs for watching on many portable devices on Mac e.g. iPad, iPhone 4, iPod, Apple TV, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Edit DVD movies: Crop, trim, add watermarks and special effects.