"I wanted to put DVD movies on my iTouch with out buying them on iTunes, is there any software out there that will convert DVDs into M4V format? Please give me some help on how to get it on my iTouch in a simple way." To solve problems, there do have many programs and solutions. In this article, I'll show you one of the solutions using Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac to convert DVD movies to M4V formats on Mac OS X.
What is Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac is an all-in-one DVD ripping software, helps all the Mac OS users to rip and convert DVD movies to all common formats (includes MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, 3GP, M4V, MPG, MP3, AIFF, M4A, WAV, OGG etc.) for playback on popular portable devices like iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc. Moreover, Mac users can also use this Mac DVD Ripper to rip DVD movies for editing in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express and Reel Director etc.
Why rip DVD movies to M4V video
- Playback your DVD movies on popular players. Can be played with Apple iTunes and Apple QuickTime Player, and can also be opened and played with the version of Windows Media Player.
- Backup your DVD movies on Mac. All your favorite movies can be stored safely in your MacBook, and you will never worry about getting lost, scratched or broken.
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Rip/convert CSS protected and home-made DVDs to M4V videos for enjoy with many portable devices like iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone 4, Apple TV etc.
With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - a handy Mac DVD to M4V converter - you can convert DVD to M4V with just one click. You don't need to know about video formats or settings - just run the program, open DVD, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step guides for ripping DVD to M4V on Mac
Step 1. Download and install Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
First of all, free download Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and install it to your Mac. When the installation is completed, double click to launch its straight-forward interface.
Step 2. Import DVD files for converting to M4V videos on Mac
Insert DVD disc, click the big icon "Load" to load in DVD files. Preview the loaded DVD movies in the right-hand by click "play" icon and take a snapshot of your favorite DVD movie images by click the little camera icon.
Step 3. Edit DVD movies before converting DVDs to M4V videos on Mac
Select the DVD movie or DVD title you'd like to edit and click the "Edit" icon to free edit your DVD movies. With this Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, you can edit videos by crop, trim, add watermark and special effects.
Crop: Set the position & size of crop area to remove black bars.
Trim: Set the duration for DVD movies before converting to M4V files.
Watermark: Add text watermark or image watermark on DVD movies.
Effect: Set contrast and brightness or apply special effects to personalize DVD movies.
Step 4. Set M4V video formats as output video format
Click the "Convert to" column and sliding the mouse over "General Video" column to select "M4V-iTunes Store Video (*.m4v)" from the many output format drop-down list. You can also find (*.m4v) formats from any Apple device columns like "iPad" column, "iPhone 4" column etc. Click the gear-like icon to customize the output video and audio settings and click the folder icon to specify where the program should place your converted video.
Step 5. Start ripping and converting DVD to M4V video on Mac
Hit the big button "Start" to start ripping DVD to M4V video on Mac. Once the convert is complete, Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac will place on your Desktop a new version of your DVD movie that will play with the iTouch. Double-click the new file and play it to make sure it looks as you expect.
Try all the features of Enolsoft Mac DVD Ripper
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos) on Mac.
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats on Mac.
- Rip DVDs for watching on many portable devices on Mac e.g. iPad, iPhone 4, iPod, Apple TV, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Edit DVD movies: Crop, trim, add watermarks and special effects.