"I made a DVD of a home movie from when my nephew visited me, but forgot to save the original files to AVI so I could extract portions to post on MySpace or YouTube. How do I rip a home movie on DVD to AVI on Mac?"
Well, with Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and this step-by-step guide, it's super easy to convert DVD to AVI formats so you can upload your DVD movies to many video-sharing websites.
Why rip DVD movies to AVI video
- Share your ideas with the world! Rip/convert home-made DVDs to AVI video formats for uploading to many video-sharing websites.
- Easily organize your movies! DVD movie files around on your Mac is a lot easier than alphabetizing shelves full of DVDs.
- Editing your videos! The AVI videos ripped from DVDs can be used for video editing in Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut and other editing program for your movie project.
With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - a handy Mac DVD to AVI converter - you can convert DVD to AVI with just a few clicks. You don't need to know about video formats or settings - just run the program, open DVD, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step guides for ripping DVD to AVI on Mac
Step 1. Download & install Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
Free download Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and install it to your Mac. It provides a free trial for all the users.
Step 2. Import DVD files before converting to AVI videos on Mac
Insert DVD disc into DVD drive, run Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac, click the big icon "Load" to load in DVD files. You may see the name of DVD Movie disc when load in DVD files.
Step 3. Edit DVD movies: crop, trim, add watermark and special effect
Select the DVD title you'd like to edit and click the "Edit" icon to edit your DVD movies. Such as crop to remove black edges, apply special effects like "Gray, Sepia, Video etc." to personalize the DVD movies, trim unwanted sections to only convert the high spot of the DVD movies etc.
Step 4. Select AVI video formats from Profile list
There are a variety of video and audio format for output. Click the "Convert to" column in the output directory section or click "profile" list and sliding the mouse over "General Video" to select "AVI - Audio-Video Interleaved (*.avi)".
Step 5. Set AVI video and audio output parameters
Click the gear-like icon to customize the output AVI video and audio parameters like Codec, Resolution, Bitrate, Frame Rate, Sample Rate, Channel. Click the folder icon just under the gear-like icon to set the output path of the converted AVI files.
Step 6. Start DVD to AVI conversion on Mac
After all the conversion parameters have been setup, click the big button "Start" to begin DVD to AVI video conversion on Mac. But please notices that, the free trial version only converts parts of your DVD videos, if you need to convert an entire DVD movie and additional value-added services, you need to get a registration code.
Try all the features of Enolsoft Mac DVD Ripper
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos) on Mac.
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats on Mac.
- Rip DVDs for watching on many portable devices on Mac e.g. iPad, iPhone 4, iPod, Apple TV, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Edit DVD movies: Crop, trim, add watermarks and special effects.