"I have downloaded some 720p MKV movie from internet on Mac and I think it must be pretty cool to watch MKV videos on the go with my newly bought iPad 2. Please give me some advise on how to convert these MKV files to my iPad 2?"
Well, a free way to solve problems like this is use HandBrake to convert MKV videos to MPEG-4 format. Handbrake is a totally free program and very easy to be operated. However, it only supports to convert videos to MKV or MP4 format. For replacement, I'd like to recommend a more advanced MKV to iPad 2 Converter tool - Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac, which supports to convert MKV formats to any iPad 2 supported video and audio formats on Mac quickly and easily.
What is Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac
Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac is specifically designed for Apple iPad and iPad 2 users to watch just about any file format on the iPad. Not only can this Mac iPad video converter convert general video (AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, MOV, RM, RMVB, ASF, 3GP) to iPad video (H.264 & MPEG4) and audio formats (MP3 & WAV & AAC & AIFF) respectively, it can also convert high-definition (HD) videos including AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC to iPad 720p H.264 HD video so you can enjoy HD movies on your high-resolution iPad wherever you go.
Benefits for Convert MKV video to iPad 2 formats
- Saves money for you! The iPad 2 videos ripped from MKV videos can be playback on iPad 2 without having to buy them in the iTunes store again.
- Backup your MKV videos into your iTunes library. All your favorite MKV videos can be stored safely in your iTunes library, and you can easily sync them to many Apple Devices.
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Convert MKV videos on Mac to iPad 2 supported video formats for playback on iPad 2 for watching on the go!.
With Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac - a handy Mac MKV to iPad 2 Converter - you can convert MKV videos to iPad 2 friendly formats with just a few clicks. You don't need to know about video formats or settings - just run the program, import MKV videos, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step guides for converting MKV to iPad 2 on Mac
Step 1. Download Enolsoft Mac Video to iPad Converter and import MKV videos
Free download and install Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac, when the installation is completed, run it and click the "Add" icon to load in MKV videos. Tick the box in front of each content to select the videos for converting. Preview the added videos on the right side by click the "Play" icon.
Step 2. Select output formats for iPad 2
Simple click the "Convert to" column or "Profile" list to reach the iPad 2 format drop-down list, select a most suitable iPad 2 formats from the many iPad 2 output format options, such as:
- iPad 2 MPEG-4 QuickTime Video(*.mov)
- iPad 2 MPEG-4 iTunes Video (*.m4v)
- iPad 2 (720p) H.264 Video (*.mp4)
- iPad 2 (720p) H.264 QuickTime Video(*.mov)
Step 3. Edit MKV videos before converting MKV to iPad 2 on Mac
Select the MKV videos you'd like to edit and click "Edit" icon to freely edit your MKV videos. E.g. if you want to apply special effects to your MKV videos, go to "Effect" and tick the box "Enable Effect" to adjust the brightness & contrast, or add special effects like "Gray", "3D Grid" to make your MKV videos very special.
Step 4. Merge several MKV videos into one file (Optional)
Select several MKV videos until they are highlighted and click the "Merge" icon to merge several MKV videos into one single file for watching on iPad 2. The image below will give you a general idea of the merge part.
Step 5. Start converting MKV video to iPad 2 on Mac
This step is to click the big button "Start" to start MKV to iPad 2 conversion on Mac. What you should know is that the free trial version only converts parts of the MKV videos, it is better to get a full version to do this MKV video conversion on Mac and get additional free lifetime upgrade and service.
Step 6: Transfer the converted MKV videos to iPad 2
Once the MKV video to iPad 2 conversion on Mac is completed, attach your iPad 2 to your Mac and sync it with iTunes. Drag and drop the MKV videos converted by Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter for Mac into iTunes library, and syncing them to your iPad 2 for watching.
Try all the features of Enolsoft Mac Video to iPad Converter
- Fully supports Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and the Latest iPad 2.
- Easier to use, follow 3 steps to finish the conversion on Mac.
- Supports to convert any videos to the latest video formats and portable devices.
- Supports HD video conversion on Mac (including MTS, M2TS, H.264, HD MOV, etc).
- Supports simple video editing (trim, crop video, add watermark, apply special effect).