With Enolsoft DjVu Viewer for Mac You Get
DjVu Files Easily and Quickly Opened on Mac Platform
- Open and read DjVu files quickly and easily on Mac.
- Three ways to open DjVu files and manage DjVu with bookshelf.
- Bookmark the current page or print the DjVu files.
- Read DjVu files with single, continuous, or 2-up page display.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out, or Rotate to read the DjVu files the way you like.
DjVu to PDF/Text/Images Converter for Mac
- Convert DjVu files to a Mac compatible PDF format for easy sharing with others.
- Save an opened DjVu file as image file like JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and GIF.
- Convert DjVu to plain text format on Mac.
- Read and convert DjVu files with no additional Microsoft software needed.
About DjVu Format
The DjVu format is a computer file format designed primarily to store scanned documents, especially those containing a combination of text, line drawings, indexed color images, and photographs. It uses technologies such as image layer separation of text and background/images, progressive loading, arithmetic coding, and lossy compression for bitonal (monochrome) images. This allows for high-quality, readable images to be stored in a minimum of space, so that they can be made available on the web.
DjVu has been promoted as an alternative to PDF, promising smaller files than PDF for most scanned documents. The DjVu developers report that color magazine pages compress to 40 - 70 KB, black and white technical papers compress to 15 - 40 KB, and ancient manuscripts compress to around 100 KB; a satisfactory JPEG image typically requires 500 KB. Like PDF, DjVu can contain an OCR text layer, making it easy to perform copy and paste and text search operations.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac Pro, Mac Book, iMac, Mac Book Air, etc.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024×768 or higher resolution display.