Nowadays, most of the help documents and manuals are in CHM format. Undoubtedly, we can view (Microsoft Compiled HTML Help) CHM files easily while running a Windows operating system, but what shall we do if we want to read CHM files on Mac OS X operating system (especially on the latest OS X Lion)?
To view CHM files under Mac OS X Lion for free, I will recommend you have a try with Enolsoft CHM View for Mac. It’s a totally free application with some additional functions which includes:
- Full-text search or index search.
- Freely zoom-in or zoom-out the font size.
- Navigate through Chapter or Index.
- Read the CHM eBooks on either content tree model or full screen model.
Here is a screen shot of the application. Just as it was shown in the picture below, the interface is extremely clean and intuitive. At the top left, a search box allows you to find pages on specific subjects; a “Chapter&Index” navigation button enables you to navigate through Chapter or Index, and you can also printing the CHM files directly with the “Print” button etc. In addition, you can also freely zoom in or zoom out the font size by click the “+” or “-” in the top right.
- Create PDF documents from CHM files for Smart phones, you may try CHM to PDF for Mac.
- Turn CHM files into iPad/iPad 2 friendly EPUB formats, you need another CHM to EPUB for Mac.