“I will get an iPhone 4S or maybe iPhone 5 soon, it’s such an exciting thing. But I’d like to know whether it is possible to transfer my collected DVDs to my new iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 using a Mac running OS X 10.8 Mountain lion for watching while I was on the subway?”
Yes, it’s possible to transfer DVDs to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 on Mac OS X Mountain Lion. With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and this tutorial, it’s super easy to convert DVD movies to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 compatible formats so you can watch them on your high resolution iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 everywhere as you goes.
Benefits for Rip DVDs to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 Video Formats
- Backup DVD movies into iTunes library. All your favorite DVD movies can be stored safely in your iTunes library, and you can easily sync them to many other Apple devices such as iPad, iPod, Apple TV.
- Simplify entertainment on the go! Rip/convert CSS protected and encrypted DVDs to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 supported video formats for playback on iPhone 4S/iPhone 5.
- Saves money for you! The videos ripped from DVDs can be playback on iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 without having to buy then in the iTunes store again.
With Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - a handy Mac DVD to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 Converter – you can convert DVD to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 compatible formats with just one click. You don’t need to know about video formats or settings – just run the program, open DVD, select a ready-made preset, and hit Start. Here are the easy steps.
Step-by-step Guides for watching DVDs on iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 on Mac
Step 1. Download&install DVD Ripper for Mac
Free download Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac and follow its wizard to install it to your Mac. The next step is to run it, insert DVD disc into DVD drive, and click the “Add DVD” icon to load in DVD movies.
Step 2. Select iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 supported output formats
Click the “Output Format” column and then go to “Apple Device” column, sliding the mouse over “iPhone” to select “HD H.264 Video (*.mp4)” format from the drop-down list. Besides, you can also click “Audio Stream” and “Subtitle Stream” to select DVD audiotracks and subtitles if your DVD comes with multiple audiotracks and subtitles.
Step 3. Customize iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 video and audio output settings on Mac
Click the gear-like icon to customize the iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 output video and audio settings such as resolution, bitrate, channel etc. Larger bitrate, larger output file size, and vice versa.
Step 4. Edit DVD movies before converting DVD to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 formats on Mac (Optional)
Select the DVD movie you’d like to edit and click the “Edit” icon to edit your DVD movies. With its built-in video editing tools, you can:
- Set contrast and brightness or apply special effects to make your DVD movies very special.
- Set the Crop Area and Crop Aspect Ratio for full screen view.
- Set start time and duration for only convert the desired parts.
- Add text or image watermark on DVD movies.
Step 5. Start converting DVD to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 on Mac
When everything for preparation has been done, click the button “Start” to start ripping DVDs to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 videos on Mac. But please notices that, the free trial version only converts parts of your DVD videos, if you need to convert an entire DVD movie and additional value-added services, you need to get a registration code.
Step 6: Transfer converted DVD movies to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5
Once the DVD to iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 conversion is complete, attach your iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 to your Mac and sync it with iTunes. Drag and drop the DVD videos converted by Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac into iTunes library for syncing to your iPhone 4S/iPhone 5 for watching on-the-go!
Try all the features of Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac
- Rip DVDs for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion users.
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos) on Mac.
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats on Mac.
- Rip DVDs for watching on many portable devices on Mac e.g. iPad 2, Verizon iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod, Apple TV, Xoom, Playbook, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Rip DVDs on Mac for editing on iMovie HD, Final Cut Pro and ReelDirector etc.