“I recorded some family videos and put onto a DVD, now I’d like to share it with some family members via YouTube. However, YouTube only accepts HD videos with 15 minutes. Is there any way that I can split the big DVD files and then upload them onto YouTube in HD?”
Well, to upload DVD files onto YouTube in HD, we should first convert the DVD files into YouTube supported video formats with Enolsoft DVD Ripper for Mac - all-in-one DVD ripper and Splitter.
☞YouTube Supported File Formats
- WebM files – Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files – Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec
- .AVI – Many cameras output this format – typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
- .MPEGPS – Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
- .FLV – Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio
Step 1, Download and install Enolsoft DVD Ripper
Step 2, Load in DVD Files
Click the “+” button to load in DVD files from DVD Disks or DVD Folders.
Step 3, Trim Big DVD Files into Smaller Video Clips
Click the “Edit” button to reach the video editing window. Drag and drop the icon to set the start time and duration for splitting to smaller files. You can also edit your videos by crop the black bars, add watermark, apply special effects etc. Click “Subtitles & Audio” column to select DVD audio tracks and subtitles if your DVD comes with multiple audio tracks and subtitles, and even load external subtitles from your computer. What’s more, you can create a 3D movie with easy by adjust the 3D effects.
Step 4, Select YouTube Supported HD Video Formats
Click the “Output Format” column and then sliding the mouse over “YouTube” to select a most suitable YouTube format such as “HD H.264 Video (*.mp4)”
Step 5, Click the button “Convert” to Start Ripping DVDs to YouTube Video Formats
Step 6, Upload Converted DVDs to YouTube in HD
Open the folder where you have stored the converted DVD files and then go to YouTube website to upload the converted DVD files. When you are in YouTube Upload page, you can click the “Upload Multiple File” option to upload multiple videos at a time.
See All the Features of Enolsoft DVD Ripper:
- Rip encrypted DVDs to all common video formats (including HD videos).
- Extract soundtracks from DVDs and convert to any audio formats.
- Rip DVDs for watching on portable devices e.g. NOOK Tablet, Kindle Fire, iPad 3, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S, Apple TV, Xoom, Playbook, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3 etc.
- Rip DVDs for editing on iMovie HD, Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut Pro etc.