iTunes can play a wide variety of video formats. However, iPad plays videos in specific formats. Any music video, TV show, or movie purchased from the iTunes Store is designed to play on the iPad or iPad 2 and can be easily synced with iTunes 9 or later.
But if you did not purchase videos from the iTunes Store, they may not be in a format that you can play on your iPad. In many cases, you can first convert them to the correct format that iPad/ipad 2 supported using iTunes or QuickTime.
- Using iTunes: Select a video and choose Advanced > Create iPad Version
- Using Mac OS X: Open the video in QuickTime Player and choose Share > iTunes and then select the iPad option.
If you’re using a Mac with iLife installed, you can also use iMovie to export a movie in an iPhone/iPod-compatible format. For instructions refer to Downloading your movies to your iPod or iPhone.
Tips: If you’d like to watch AVI, AVCHD, MKV, WMV, FLV and 3GP etc. movies with your iPad/iPad 2, you will need to convert these videos to iPad/iPad 2 compatible video formats first. To convert videos for iPad/iPad 2, you will need a third-party Video Converter called Enolsoft Video to iPad Converter. With it, you can easily convert any popular video formats to any iPad/iPad 2 supported formats such as MP4, MOV, M4V and MP3 etc.
Full Guide of Transfer iTunes Music Videos to iPad on Mac
Step 1, Connect your iPad/iPad 2 to Mac
Connect your iPad/iPad 2 to your Mac and selected “Manually manage music and videos”. To select “Manually manage music and video” is an essential, otherwise, you won’t be able to transfer iTunes music videos to iPad/iPad 2.
Step 2, Start transfer iTunes music videos to iPad/iPad 2
Click iTunes “File” and then select the “Sync iPad” to start transfer iTunes music videos to iPad/iPad 2. After the transferring is completed, you can now play the transferred iTunes music videos on your iPad everywhere as you go.
So that is the easy solution to transfer the iTunes music videos to iPad/iPad 2 on Mac. Two important things we should notice are:
- Is the iTunes music video is the correct format for your iPad/iPad 2.
- Have you select the option “Manually manage music and video”.
iPad Tools You May Need for Enhance Your iPad/iPad 2 Contents
- DVD to iPad Converter helps you to rip any DVDs (password protected DVDs included) to iPad compatible formats for you to watch favorite DVD movies with iPad/iPad 2 on the go, as well as backup your DVD collections.
- CHM to EPUB for Mac helps eBook fans to convert Microsoft CHM files to EPUB formats on Mac for read on iPad, iPad 2 and The New iPad.
- YouTube Converter HD is all-in-one Mac YouTube HD video downloader and converter to download and convert YouTube (720p, 1080p) HD videos to any iPad/iPad 2 supported audio and video formats.
- Total iPad Converter for Mac is all-in-one iPad Media Converter for Mac users to easily convert videos, DVDs and audios for play back on iPad/iPad 2.