Users who use PDF frequently may often meet questions like this: “Is there any programming way to split PDF into pages, say one PDF file per page or specify page range to split PDF file?” or “Can I split a multiple-page PDF file into separate PDF pages/files.” In this article, I’ll introduce four options for you to split PDF documents by pages using a Mac.
Option 1: Split PDF by Pages on Mac with Preview
To deal with one single PDF document, you can use Preview to split PDF document into several PDF files on Mac OS X Lion.
- Open the PDF file in Preview
- Select the pages you want to split into smaller PDF documents.
- Drag and drop the selected PDF pages to your desktop or to a Finder window. It will then copy the selected PDF pages to its own PDF documents.
Option 2: Batch Split PDF by Pages on Mac with PDF Magic
If you want to process with multiple PDF documents and need to extract pages from different PDF files into one PDF document, and wouldn’t like to spend too much on buying an Adobe Acrobat, you may split PDF documents in batches with Enolsoft PDF Magic for Mac.
Enolsoft PDF Magic for Mac is all-in-one solution for all the Mac users to merge several PDF files into one PDF, split multi-page PDF document into smaller PDF files, reorder and rotate PDF pages, as well as insert PDF pages, images and iWork Pages into PDF documents. Supports to import password protected PDF files for batch processing.
- Download Enolsoft PDF Magic from here.
- Click the “Create A New PDF” button on the right upper corner to create a project in the right panel.
- In the left panel, highlight all the pages that you want to be in one single PDF file.
- Drag those chosen pages to the project.
- If you want to process multiple PDFs simultaneously, you just need to do all these three steps.
Option 3: Batch Split PDF by Pages on Mac with PDF Toolset
Using PDF Toolset is the quickest way to split a PDF for removing useless pages or keeping important pages on Mac. It’s super easy to handle as the following 4 simple steps.
- Download and install Enolsoft PDF Toolset for Mac. Run it.
- Select the “Split” section and add PDF with drag-n-drop or “Add File” button.
- Select a proper splitting way from the 3 options.
- Tick the “Split” button to start splitting.
Option 4: Split PDF by Pages on Mac with Adobe Acrobat
For those who already have Adobe Acrobat on Mac can use the Extract Pages tool in Adobe Acrobat to split a PDF document into two or more separate PDF files. You can extract pages from an existing PDF document and use them as the basis for a new PDF document or several documents. To extract pages from a PDF document with Adobe Acrobat, follow these steps:
- Open the PDF document that you want to extract pages with Adobe Acrobat.
- Select “Document > Pages > Extract”.
- Specify a range of pages by entering page numbers in the “From” and “To” fields when the “Extract Pages dialog box” appears.
- Select or uncheck the “Delete Pages after extracting” checkbox to specify whether to delete the pages from the original document after they are extracted or not. Click the “OK” button to extract the pages.
- Select “File > Save As” and then specify a file name and location where you want the extracted pages to be saved.
- Enolsoft Releases PDF Magic for Mac – Split, Merge, Assort, Rotate and Insert PDF with Ease
- Easily Share PDF Documents Online: Convert PDF to Website HTML Pages on Mac
- How to Edit Text in a Scanned PDF file on Mac
- Enolsoft WPS Reader: WPS File Viewer and WPS File Converter Combined into One
- Enolsoft Releases PDF Toolset for Mac