You want to show your friends your WOW gameplay, but you uncertain how to record and upload the recorded game videos to YouTube? Well, this tutorial will show you how to record WOW gameplay and then upload the recorded game videos onto YouTube.
Recording Your WOW Game Video with Xfire
When you have installed Xfire, open it and Log in.
Xfire screen pops up. Choose “Tools” -> Options… and from there you choose Video.
- Make sure you have Enabled Video Capture.
- Choose the folder you want the videos to go in.
- Choose the key binding which will start and stop the recording (default: SCROLL LOCK + v)
- Choose the FPS you want the video to be recorded in and the size. I suggest you choose 30 FPS and Half-size (or full-size). Otherwise your video will be 1 min = over 1 GB.
- If you want capture sound enable Record sound (if I’m right, you can’t record sound with USB headset so you need to have speakers) From Audio device choose your audio card. Audiomix will be balk or it will have something like “record what you hear” or “wave”.
How to record:
- Launch World of Warcraft (or other game you want to record)
- When you are ready to record, push your capture key (default Scroll Lock + V). A red light will start blinking at the top of your screen to indicate that you are recording.
- Press the capture key again to stop recording.
Uploading to YouTube
However, YouTube no longer accepts Xfire .mp4 files, so if we need to successfully upload the recorded game videos to YouTube, we should first convert the recorded game videos to a format that YouTube supported with Enolsoft Video Converter.
About Enolsoft Video Converter:
Enolsoft Video Converter is a professional video converting program, helps to convert between all popular video formats - including HD videos for playing back on portable devices or for uploading to YouTube for sharing with others.
Tips: You may click the “Output Format” column to select an optimized YouTube video format for uploading.
How to upload to YouTube:
When you have the right format for uploading to YouTube, make sure you own a YouTube account, if not then create one, it’s fairly straight forward.
1. Go to YouTube website and click the Upload link at the top of any YouTube page.
2. Click the Select files from your computer button to browse for the recorded game videos that you are going to upload to YouTube. Click Open.
3. As the video file is uploading, add as much information about your video as possible in the relevant fields (including Title, Description, Tags, and Category). You’re not required to provide specific information, but the more information you include, the easier it is for users to find your video! Click the Save changes button to save the updates you’ve made to the video file.