iMovie’11, which adds more standout features like Movie Trailers, People Finder, Audio Editing, and One-Step Effects etc., makes it much easier for us to turn home-movies into our all-time favorite films. In order to make our films more stunning, we may always need some interesting or significant video clips from YouTube website, but how can we download and import YouTube HD videos into iMovie’11 for editing? Read on to get the easy solutions.
Part 1: Free Download YouTube HD videos on Mac
First of all, we need to download YouTube HD videos from YouTube website. There are many free solutions to download YouTube HD videos off net, either online sites or third-party software. Among the many solutions, I’d like to introduce a Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac to you. The reasons why I choose this Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac due to its easy-to-use interface, the features of batch download multiple YouTube HD video, and the ability to download YouTube HTML5 videos. Below are the easy steps of free downloading YouTube HD videos with this Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac.
- Download Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac from Enolsoft website.
- Go to YouTube website, drag and drop the video URLs you’d like to download to Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac’s interface, the added YouTube videos will be downloaded automatically with super fast downloading speed.
Part 2: Convert downloaded YouTube HD videos to iMovie’11 friendly formats
To edit the downloaded YouTube HD video in iMovie’11, we should first convert the downloaded YouTube HD videos to the formats that iMovie’11 supported. We can use either a YouTube Converter or a Video Converter to do this task. The advantages of using a YouTube Converter is that it is all-in-one YouTube HD video downloader and converter, you need only one program to download and convert YouTube HD videos. While the advantages of using a professional Video Converter is that besides to convert the downloaded YouTube HD FLV videos, it also supports to convert all common video formats for edit in iMovie’11, such as convert AVI, AVCHD, FLV, MP4, MKV, VOB, WMV to iMovie’11 on Mac.
iMovie’11 Supported Video Formats:
- Tapeless Camcorder (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and AVCHD)
- Tape based DV-Standard and HDV (High Definition Video)
- Part Camera/Mobile Phone video/other video recorder devices (MPEG-1, MEPG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, 3GP, MP4);
- Part of QuickTime compatible MOV videos;
- MPEG-4 video.
a) Step-by-step guides of using Video Converter for Mac:
- Download Video Converter for Mac here.
- Load in downloaded YouTube HD videos or other video formats by click the “Add Files” button.
- Select a most suitable iMovie output formats by click the “Output Format” column.
- Hit “Convert” to start YouTube HD FLV to iMovie’11 video conversion.
b) Step-by-step guides of using YouTube Converter HD for Mac:
- Download YouTube Converter HD for Mac
- Drag and drop YouTube HD video URL to its interface for downloading.
- When the downloading is completed, go to convert part and select a most suitable iMovie’11 format.
Part 3: Import converted YouTube HD videos to iMovie’11 on Mac
Launch iMovie, from the File menu, choose Import > movies, navigate to the folder where you have output the converted YouTube HD videos. Select the files and click “Import”.