With the support of html5 embedded in YouTube videos, most of the Mac OS X users would prefer to a HTML5 standard which doesn’t require Adobe’s Flash plug-in. It’s very easy to download common YouTube and YouTube HD videos off net with some online sites or free YouTube downloader software. But for those who want to download YouTube HTML 5 videos for offline enjoyment wouldn’t be an easy thing, because most of the online websites and developers haven’t updated their sites and software with support for YouTube HTML5 video downloading or Mac OS X Lion compatibility.
Some might have noticed the “Save Video As” sub-menu in right-click menu over a HTML5 video. It seems that we can download the HTML 5 videos from YouTube to computer directly without any third-party software, add-on or website? But have you ever try this out? When we click the “Save Video As” sub-menu, YouTube will direct us to Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” video page, the truth is that the “Save Video As” sub-menu can’t help us to save any YouTube HTML5 video. In this article, I’ll show you two ways to FREE download YouTube HTML5 videos on the latest Mac OS X Lion.
Free download YouTube HTML5 videos on Mac Lion with Enolsoft Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac
Enolsoft Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac is a totally FREE Mac YouTube HD Downloader, specifically designed for Mac OS users to free download all of their favorite YouTube HD video (including HTML5 videos) for offline enjoyment. With Enolsoft Free YouTube HD Downloader for Mac, you can now download high quality videos and even High-Definition videos from YouTube without spending a penny. Moreover, this best Free Mac YouTube HD Downloader also allows you to add multiple YouTube HD video URLs for batch downloading.
Key Features of Enolsoft Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac:
- 100% FREE.
- 100% compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Free download YouTube (720p, 1080p) HD videos on Mac.
- Supports batch download multiple YouTube HD videos at a time on Mac.
- Free download YouTube HTML5 videos on Mac.
- Drag and drop YouTube HTML5 video URLs for downloading.
- Stop, pause or delete YouTube HD videos at anytime.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024×768 or higher resolution display
- Download Enolsoft Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac here
- Find HTML5 videos you’d like to download on YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/html5
- Drag&drop or copy&paste YouTube HTML 5 video URLs to Enolsoft Free YouTube Downloader HD for Mac, the added YouTube HTML5 videos will be downloaded quickly and easily.
Free download HTML 5 videos from YouTube on Lion with Safari Extensions
YouTube5 Safari Extension removes the need to use flash on YouTube by converting all videos to their HTML5 video tag equivalents. It also has the added benefits of decreased CPU usage compared to flash, and the removal of in-video ads.
Key Features of YouTube5 Safari Extension:
- A custom designed HTML5 player to replace the usable, but very limited built-in player.
- Support for Vimeo and Facebook video.
- The ability to switch video resolutions within the player, without having to access Safari’s preferences.
- Support for downloading videos from YouTube and Facebook.
- A fully functional volume control, rather than just a mute button.
- Support for displaying the video’s title, author, and source, in a video overlay, along with a link back to the video’s page on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- PPC / Intel
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Safari 5 or later.