In modern business operations, signing agreements and contracts, filling forms, and posting stamps are nothing but common errands. To get these tasks done, people usually have to print the PDFs out, manually fill them out or sign them, and then have them digitalized using scanners, all of which are not that convenient and even can get your hands full in some cases. In this article, we’ll show you 2 easy ways to quickly sign digital signatures on PDF documents using a Mac.
Digitally Sign PDF Documents on Mac OS X Lion with Preview
The revamped Preview app in Mac OS X Lion includes the extremely useful Digital Signature feature built right in. You may use the Mac’s built-in iSight camera to capture your signatures, the Preview app can keep multiple electronic signatures on file which can then be quickly appended to PDF documents.
- Launch Preview, and from the Preview menu select “Preferences”.
- Click on “Signatures” and then “Create Signature”.
- Write your signature on a piece of white paper and hold it up to the camera, try to have it somewhat straight on the blue line and watch the “Signature Preview” pane until you are satisfied with the way it looks.
- Click on “Accept” to capture the digital signature.
- Open the PDF file you want to sign.
- Click on the Annotations button (pencil icon) followed by the Signatures button.
- Now click within the document where you want the signature to appear.
Once the PDF is signed, just save the document and it’s ready to be used. But many would wonder how secure is that? If we sign a PDF with image and send it as an E-Mail. Can’t the recipient extract the signature from the document and forge other documents? Since we’ve extracted images in perfect quality from PDF’s with Illustrator in the past. So, for those who really worry about the security when signing PDF documents with Preview, they may need more professional PDF signature software – Enolsoft Signature for PDF.
Digitally Sign PDF Documents on Mac OS X with Enolsoft Signature for PDF (Mac Version)
Digitally adding digital signatures and pictures are completely doable on Enolsoft Signature for PDF, plus several basic, yet practical, PDF viewing features can be found in this app, you can have all the work done with only your Mac and PDF Sign. So kiss goodbye to your big and heavy printers and scanners, as you are about to have a fresh new start on your business life.
- Downloading, Installing, and Activating Enolsoft Signature for PDF.
- After having Enolsoft PDF Sign launched on your computer, drag-n-drop the PDF files into the app’s main interface.
- Using stamping feature, you can handwrite on the page, very like freeform drawing with your finger on the trackpad or with your mouse. So it is perfect for signing signatures and filling out forms.
- Sometimes you may already have your signature scanned and stored on your computer and simply want use it rather than creating a new one, or just need have a picture added to the PDF, you can use the “Add Image” feature to do that.
For more detailed information of how to using Enolsoft PDF Signature for PDF, you may need to launch the app, and then tap on the “Help” tab on the menu bar to select the “Enolsoft PDF Sign Help”.