CHM – Microsoft Compiled HTML Help Document, which has a set of web pages written in a subset of HTML and a hyperlinked table of contents, is commonly used not only for Help and Tutorial documents but also for many e-reading books. It’s easy to read CHM files on a Mac with a CHM View, but how about reading CHM e-books on-the-go with iPad, iPad2 and even The new iPad/Third-Gen iPad?
To read CHM files on iPad, we need to convert CHM files to iPad supported EPUB format. When it comes to EPUB conversion, most of us will think of Calibre. Yes, in some cases, Calibre do has the ability to convert CHM files to EPUB format, but not all can always succeed in converting CHM files to EPUB while using Calibre. Here are some buzzing of using Calibre from the internet:
“Sadly, the Calibre didn’t work for me.”
“I’ve tried converting CHM to EPUB using Calibre, even converting it first to html etc., but no luck.”
“The Calibre working fine for TOC, but after some let’s say 20 pages there is no content, and when I opened on ePub editor, really there is nothing! I tried to convert the CHM to html but without success.”
Since Calibre not always works fine for us, is there any alternatives that will process CHM to EPUB conversion smoothly? Yes, we may try other professional CHM to EPUB Converters. Here we’ll take Enolsoft CHM to EPUB for Mac as an example to show you how to convert CHM to EPUB format easily and quickly.
Step-by-step Guides on How to Convert CHM to EPUB on Mac:
- First of all, download CHM to EPUB for Mac from Here - OS X Lion Compatible.
- Run Enolsoft CHM to EPUB for Mac. Then drag-n-drop or click “Add Files” button to load in CHM files. You are able to drag and drop multiple CHM files at a time for batch converting to EPUB formats on Mac.
- Simple click “Convert” to convert CHM to EPUB on Mac.
When the CHM to EPUB conversion is completed, attach your iPad to Mac and sync it with iTunes. Open the folder where you have saved the converted EPUB files to, drag and drop the converted EPUB documents into iTunes library for syncing to iPad.
- Apple iPad/iPad 2 Tips: Reading PDF eBooks on iPad/iPad 2
- Common Questions and Answers about Video Conversion for iPad or iPad 2 on Mac OS X Lion
- iPad/iPhone/iPod Tips: 4 Best Ways to Enrich your iPad Contents with Less Costs on Mac
- iPad 3 Rumors: iPad 3 Coming This Fall With 2560×1920 Resolution and 3D Display?
- Best iPad Converter Software for Mac OS X Lion Review