Product Name: Enolsoft PDF Toolset for Mac
Function: Merge, split and compress PDF files; extract text and images from native and scanned PDF on Mac
Version Reviewed: 2.0.0
Publisher: Enolsoft Corporation
Price: $29 free lifetime upgrade and technology support (free trial available)
Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.6 or above
Tested using: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Pros and Cons
- Combine 5 small PDF tools together
- Quickly merge several PDF files into one
- Split a large PDF file in 3 different ways to keep useful pages and remove redundant pages
- Compress a PDF to a smaller size file for post on web or send via email
- Support to extract images and text from native and scanned PDF with built-in OCR technology
- Support to extract 48 kinds of language text with high fidelity
- Optimized interface and super easy to use
- This software doesn’t support Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older
- Free trial version has a limitation on conversion duration
- The size of this program is a little bigger than other common ones so that users needs 2-5 minutes to download it
Enolsoft PDF Toolset for Mac combines 5 PDF gears into one (including PDF Compressor and PDF extractor). It enables users to easily merge and split PDF to generate a useful new PDF file on Mac and reduce large PDF to a smaller one with 5 PDF compression modes. Most of all, it’s featured with one useful and tricky capability others tools don’t have, that is, quickly extract images and text (including 48 kinds of language text) from both native and scanned PDF files. And users can also export the extracted images and text out to save on Mac for reuse.
Ease of Use: ★★★★★
Each process is super easy to execute with an intuitive and user-friendly interface; just drag-n-drop PDF files into the application window and do some appropriate operations to manipulate PDF files without effort on your Mac.
Enolsoft PDF Toolset for Mac provides 5 solutions for all the Mac users to quickly manage PDF pages in an effective way. If users wanna staple several related PDF files together, then merge them into one. If users wanna keep some of the important PDF pages, then use “Split” function to cut useless pages. And with built-in PDF compressor, users can share their PDF files in a more convenient way. Moreover, if users need to reuse some of the images and text in the scanned PDF, just extract the images and text from source PDF with the help of OCR.
As the other PDF tool, PDF Magic for Mac, which can split, merge, reorder, rotate and insert PDF with drag-n-drop, is available for $29. However, PDF Toolset for Mac has more practical functions with cutting-edge OCR technology. So, it should have been sold at $35. But, it cuts $6 off for thanking all of the loyal users. Now its retail price is only $29.
Help & support: ★★★☆
Enolsoft provides a free lifetime upgrade and promises a 30-day money back guarantee. The technology support is free, but they only receive feedbacks via email.
The full download is 97.59 MB. It’s kind of bigger than other apps because it has the OCR engine embedded. When you first start the program, it will ask to select either enter key code to register now or continue evaluation.
You will notice the interface is very clear and simple. Just click the ” Add File” to add PDF file you wanna cope with. And select one tool from the 5 ones to handle your PDF file as you want. With 1-3 simple clicks, the PDF will be disposed easily and quickly. So, on the whole, this multi-functional application is rock-solid and simple to use. I do think every Mac user who needs to manage PDFs every week have the necessary to install this PDF Toolset software.
- Easily Convert PDF to Text with Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac [Review]
- Enolsoft Releases PDF Toolset for Mac
- Enolsoft PDF to Word for Mac Review – PDF to Word Conversion Made Easy
- Enolsoft YouTube Converter HD for Mac Review
- Enolsoft CHM to EPUB for Mac Review – Batch Convert CHM Files to EPUB eBooks for iPhone 4S