Question: “After recently converting to an iMac, I’ve discovered no support for .xps files. I used these a fair bit in windows and now can’t access to these XPS files. Is there a program to either view XPS files on Mac or convert these XPS files to PDF available?”
Unfortunately, Microsoft have made it difficult to read the XPS files if you aren’t using MS products and this is one of the biggest barriers for using this XPS format on Mac. There are many third party applications that will read XPS files on Windows but rarely for Mac platform. The good news is that reading .XPS extension files on your Mac is still possible with the help of Enolsoft XPS Viewer for Mac.
What is a XPS File?
Files that contain the .xps file extension are used for descriptor files that have been written in the XPS page description language. The XPS page description language was developed by Microsoft and the XPS file format was intended to replace the EMF file format. XPS files are similar to PDF files. An XPS file can contain information pertaining to the appearance of the file, the file layout and the printing details for an associated document. An XPS file is created in Windows when a user selects the “Microsoft XPS Document Writer” option when printing a document that they have created.
What is Enolsoft XPS Viewer?
Enolsoft XPS Viewer for Mac is a fast (XML Paper Specification) XPS viewer for Mac users to easily open and read XPS files on Mac with continuous scrolling, text copy, bookmark and text search in full text. Besides, it also supports to convert XPS to PDF, XPS and image formats, as well as extract images from XPS to PNG, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, and BMP. With this XPS Viewer for Mac, users can either reading the XPS file or converting it to a PDF file that they can archive or pass around as they like.
Enolsoft XPS Viewer for Mac Key Functions:
- Open and view XPS files on Mac.
- Text search in full text or copy text to Clipboard.
- Three ways to open XPS files and manage XPS with bookshelf.
- Single, continuous, and 2-up page display.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out, or Rotate to read the XPS files the way you like.
- Bookmark the current page and navigate to page later from the bookmark list.
- Rename XPS files and save as another copy of XPS files.
- Convert XPS files to a Mac compatible PDF format for easy sharing with others.
- Save an opened XPS files as image files like JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and GIF.
- Read and convert XPS files with no additional software needed.
- Extract images from XPS files and save as fax compatible TIFF format, as well as JPEG, PNG, BMP, and GIF image format.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac Pro, Mac Book, iMac, Mac Book Air, etc.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024×768 or higher resolution display.
- Enolsoft XPS Viewer for Mac Released to Help E-Book Fans Read XPS Files on Mac
- 3 CHM Viewers for iOS – Easily Read CHM Files on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- Enolsoft PDF Converter for Mac Adds Support for OS X Mountain Lion
- Rip/Convert DVD to Apple TV 3 in 1080p Full HD on Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- Viewing CHM Files on Mac OS X Lion for Free