Movies are more fun when we share them with family and friends. If we captured parties, holidays and life’s fun moments in high quality with a JVC GZ-MG750BUS Hard Drive Camcorder or shoot movies in High Definition and stored memories with a Panasonic SDR-H101/100, even if we took smooth, clear video footages and daily home movies with a Canon VIXIA HF G10 or made an own 3D movies with a real cinema effect with a Sony Prestige HD camcorder, how will we upload the stored memories from camera/camcorder to YouTube?
Every Sony Handycam comes supplied with Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software. Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software is an easy-to-use package which lets you browse, manage and select your favorite memories for quick and easy uploads to YouTube, as well as Dailymotion and Facebook.
Some of the latest Panasonic Camcorder supports to shoot in Web mode, which has a 10-minute countdown system; it’s very convenient for you to post videos onto YouTube. When you connect the camcorder to a PC, a Smart Wizard is automatically activated. Then, select “Online Sharing.” The Online Sharing function lets you upload your videos onto YouTube or Facebook.
JVC Everio makes uploading a breeze. You can easily upload your videos to YouTube and Share your memories with family or friends living far away (installation of bundled software required). When the UPLOAD button is pressed before recording, this automatically limits recordings to 10 minutes in length to keep them within the YouTube file size limit.
Of course, not every camcorder/camera has the built-in ability to upload movies to YouTube for sharing. To be exact, two -thirds of our personal camera/camcorder doesn’t have this function. And we all know that YouTube can’t recognize the recorded AVCHD formats, so we need a third-party program to convert the recorded AVCHD video to YouTube compatible format before uploading to YouTube website.
Many converters out there have the ability to converter AVCHD videos. Here I will take Enolsoft Video Converter for Mac for an example to convert AVCHD video to YouTube supported file formats. In order to better deal with our problem, before the step-by-step tutorial, I will first introduce what file format does YouTube supported.
YouTube Compatible File Formats:
- WebM files – Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files – Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec.
- .AVI - Many cameras output this format – typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
- .MPEGPS – Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
- .WMV – Windows Movie Maker, by default saves projects as .MSWMM files. .MSWMM files are project files (which mean the file only contains the layout of your video and does not contain the final video itself). YouTube does not accept .MSWMM files. To upload your Windows Movie Maker video to YouTube, select the “Save to My Computer” option to save the file to an accepted format. You can then upload the generated file to YouTube.
- .FLV – Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio
Step-by-Step Guides on How to Convert AVCHD Video to YouTube with Enolsoft Video Converter for Mac
- Download and install Enolsoft Video Converter for Mac
- Run Enolsoft Video Converter for Mac and click the “Load” icon to load in AVCHD videos.
- Do some simple editor (Crop, Trim, Watermark, Effect) or Merge several videos for output to one file. (Optional)
- Select a most suitable format for YouTube, such as FLV, MP4, and AVI etc. and customize AVCHD output video and audio settings
- Hit “Start” to start AVCHD to YouTube video conversion.